Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Scientific name: Aloe Barbadensis
Other common names:
Chinese Aloe, Indian Aloe, true Aloe, Barbados Aloe, burn Aloe, first aid plant
Aloe Vera is a common houseplant, widely cultivated as garden or tub plants in warmer regions and is known for its nutritional properties and cosmetic properties. It is a genus of plants belonging to the Asphodelaceae family, and is related to onions and asparagus. It is a succulent plant that is believed to have originated in the Sudan.
Aloe Vera have green fleshy, tapering leaves crowded in rosettes at the end of the short stem. Its flowers are red or yellow tubular in dense clusters.
Aloe Vera contains vitamins B1, B2, B6, vitamin C, choline, niacin amide and 18 amino acids.
The aloe vera plant has been found to have great contributions to health, both internally and externally. It also cures several illnesses and ailments, having anti-inflammatory, regenerative, and anti-bacterial properties.
The most frequent use of the plant is in the form of a topical gel.
• Treatment of acne, pimples & psoriasis
• Analgesic properties for inflammation of skin, contusions.
• Anti-aging properties
• Heals insect bites, minor scrapes, minor burns & sunburns
• Treatment of dandruff and dry or itchy scalp
• Antifungal, antiviral, antiparasitic and antibiotic properties.
Preparation and Use:
• To make a gel, remove the skin of a leaf then rub Aloe Vera extract on your skin or scalp. For dandruff, you can mix aloe vera extract with coconut oil and leave for at least 30 minutes, then rinse.
•The leaves can be snapped open, and the moist open ends of the leave can be rubbed onto a burn or scrape directly.
• The poultices of the aloe vera leaves may be applied directly to contusions.
Benefits of Drinking Aloe Vera Juice:
• Ability to aid in digestion, used as laxative, improve circulation, detoxify and heal from the inside
• For hypertension, arthritis, diabetes, intestinal parasites, constipation etc. drink juice or remove the skin and take out the fleshy part. This will liquefy after a few minutes and can be mixed with other drinks.
• Treatment for coughs, ulcers, muscle pain, and headaches
• anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and believes to be beneficial for cancer and HIV patients
THOUGH THE CONTENT OF THIS BLOG HAD BEEN TRIED/TESTED AND HAD BEEN USED AS FOLK/HERBAL MEDICINE IT IS STILL BEST TO CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE